Monday, February 1, 2010

OKay


I'm okay.
Let me be clear.
I'm okay without you.
Listen closely my dear.
I'm okay without anyone.
I'm going to share.
I'm okay without anything.
Even if you don't care.
I'm okay no matter what.
I've survived through way too much
to even consider letting this touch
my heart.
I'll certainly depart.
This could all go.
Everything could fall so
hard, and drastically;
and guess where I'll be.
Right inside me.
(And I'll be okay)
Once, we shared love
so strong, it had to have been from above.
And now it's all gone.
But I sure got strong.
I can be so angry and hurt
I can feel like dirt
but you won't have the privilege of doing that to me.
I'd rather smile less on my own terms,
than smile so much more with the germs
of you. You're poison.
Not just to me.
They just don't see.
One day they will
and hopefully you'll squeal;
out of frustration and sorrow.
But for now and tomorrow,
I'm okay...

J.

1 comment: