Thursday, April 1, 2010

'I wanna set the world on fire...'

What do you do when you set your world on fire?
I'd love to bask in the warmth.
I'd love to get lost in the slight blue hidden in the orange and yellow.
But I'm burning.
Lord, I'm burning badly.
And the tears measure largely in volume.
But this time, this time, they can't put the fire out.
This time I get to burn.
And dear Lord, I'm burning badly.
There's no escaping this burning world.
I don't get to go to another world.
But 'this isn't the end of the world.'
It can't be.
This can't be the worst day because you don't know what tomorrow will bring.
I promise that anything worse won't be the fault of my stupidity.
Lord, I'm burning badly.
The world is on fire.
At least it is in my eyes.
I wonder if you can see the reflection.
Is it multiplied and magnified by the tears?
But they won't extinguish the fire.
Not this time.
Not this world.
I wanted to set the world on fire.
Now it's burning way too brightly.
And dear Lord, I'm burning badly...

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment