Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Should Have




I should have kissed you.
I should have held you so tight.
I should have been everything.
I should have never let you go.
I don't know why I couldn't have done all those things.
I don't know why I didn't.
I would have.
I suppose, if I could have.
I want to cry.
I want to die.
I want you.
shoulda coulda woulda doesn't do you any gooda.
I should have.
I could have.
I would have.
Give me the chance?
Or is the chance yours?
Will it be yours?
Do you want it?
Should you?
Could you?
Would you?
Paint me a picture.
Make it beautiful.
Make the brush strokes untamed and unmastered.
Give them perfect imperfection.
I should have listened.
To you.
To him.
To her.
To them.
From the start.
That you'd break my heart.
Because that's the way I feel.
And you don't have to live with these feelings.
But you should have to.
I should torture you inside.
Just the way I cried.
You weakling.
You coward.
That's all you are.
And I should have known.
It's all masked to you.
And I could have burned it.
Off of you or into you, your choice.
It will come for you.
You haven't grown.
You're stuck with yourself.
No one is on your side.
Don't you see?
That mask will only last so long.
I should have.
I could have.
I would have.


J.

No comments:

Post a Comment