Sunday, November 14, 2010

An Unexpecting Victim

An unexpecting victim
of the powerful stream of love.
I drank from it.
I can't tell if it's potion or poison.
Maybe one day I'll know.
More of the water exuding through the pores of my skin.
Basking in the sunshine of happiness.
Bathing in the love.
Until the leaves start changing colors.
And the stream freezes over.
An unexpecting victim
in a dark alley of twists and wrong turns.
The winds of feelings and change.
Flowing through my hair.
The line from that song..
"your hair looks so good over my shoulder"
playing slowly in my head.
Pictures of my hair over your shoulder dancing through my mind.
Like the leaves dancing around the stream.
An unexpecting victim
of these goosebumps I'm getting.
I can't tell if it's the cold from the frozen stream seeping through the soles of my shoes
or the thought of you, in all of your wonder and amazement.
Everything I wish I could see in my reflection when I look into the stream,
I see when I look at you.
I feel you when you look at me.
Something I've been missing.
An unexpecting victim
of happiness brought by thee.
And you let the stream sweep you off your feet;
not expecting to be a victim
until you hit the rocks.
And then everything hits you.
But you're mind is like the gizzard of a bird.
Filled with rocks. Trying to digest everything.
But humans don't have that.
So it doesn't work.
Try hydrogen peroxide; your parents lied to you.
IT STINGS.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment