Saturday, August 29, 2009

a love?


a love so beautiful.
born within a heart so tender.
seeded in the land of make believe.
the land where sometimes things just go that way.
the right way.
the good way.
not this way.
the wrong way.
the broken, beaten, belittled, beguiled way.
that way leads to me.
a love so beautiful.
born within a heart so torn.
seeded in the land of tragedy, lies, complications, control, denial, pain...

that land.
the land that is holding me captive.
the same land I've been in my whole life.
the land I've learned to deal with.
the land I deserve to desert...
maybe with a love?
maybe with a love so beautiful.
a love so beautiful, it lights all the darkness.
a love so beautiful, it heals all the pain.
a love so beautiful, it takes you the right way.
a love so beautiful, I am incompetent in describing it.
a love so beautiful...
that it simply cannot exist.


J.

1 comment:

  1. You and I are a lot alike in many ways my beautiful baby girl. Both of us looked to escape a childhood filled with elements neither one of us wanted or deserved. When I was your ages, I chose the only way out I could imagine...by turning inside myself and using my academic achievements as a way to escape. Something for you to think about...how will you choose? Maybe the subject of another blog?

    ReplyDelete