Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pop The Trunk


Life seems to be the clearest.
Staring out the back of this automobile going seventy, maybe eighty.
Headlights glaring into a blurr, piercing the layers of my eyes that can now feel.
Feel the life that makes them smile.
The bass of different songs playing.
When you can't hear the words, it makes it all the easier to write your own lyrics.
Reflections, lights, faces, places, objects, life.
It's visible.
It's bolted down, it's flying around.
It's in a haze, I can see it clearly.
It's perfectly safe, it's completely life threatening.
It's all so fast, it goes in slow mo.
Confined in such a small place, but lord I'm as free as a bird.
Rescue me? I think you'd kill me if you tried.
Thanks but no. I like it this way and I'll never go home.
I could see how people get sick moving like this.
But I enjoy every waking second, just the way it is.
Right here, right now.
What do you want from me?
It all closes when they pop the trunk...

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment